RBI grade B Mains Syllabus (Phase -II)
Paper-I - Economic and social Issues
- Growth and Development – Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income –
- Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India –
- Sustainable Development and Environmental issues. Economic Reforms in India –
- Industrial and Labour Policy – Monetary and Fiscal Policy –
- Privatization – Role of Economic Planning. Globalization –
- Opening up of the Indian Economy –
- Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy –
- International Economic Institutions – IMF and World Bank – WTO – Regional Economic Co-operation.
- Social Structure in India – Multiculturalism – Demographic Trends – Urbanization and Migration – Gender Issues – Social Justice : Positive Discrimination in favor of the under privileged –
- Social Movements –
- Indian Political System –
- Human Development – Social Sectors in India, Health and Education.
Paper-II -English (Writing Skills)
The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic.
Paper-III -Finance and Management:
(a) Financial System
- Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions
- Reserve Bank of India- functions and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
(b) Financial Markets Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments.
(c) General Topics
- Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap
- Changing Landscape of Banking sector
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector.
- The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM),
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI -components and trends.
- Management: its nature and scope; The Management Processes; Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling; The Role of a Manager in an Organisation.
- Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
- Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal – Potential appraisal and development – Feedback and Performance Counselling – Career Planning – Training and Development – Rewards – Employee Welfare. Motivation, Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateralcommunication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology. Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
RBI Grade B Mains Exam Pattern
Mains exam has a total marks of 300. The mains (Phase-II) examination is consist of 2 papers (Paper-I +Paper-II +Paper-III). Candidates are required to appear for all shifts. Separate Admission Letters will be issued for each shift. A total of 100 questions are asked in each section with 200 questions asked in the English Language Section. A time limit of 1 hour is provided to the candidate to complete each section of RBI Grade B Phase-II Exam. The total time to complete Phase-II exam is 3 hours.
||Sections / Subjects
||Paper II: Economics and Social Issues
||Paper II: English (Writing Skills)
||Descriptive (to be typed with the help of keyboard)
||Paper III: Finance & Management
RBI Grade B 2020 Notification
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will release the official notification for the post of RBI Grade B Officer Exam in the month of September, 2020. It will be an excellent opportunity for the graduates who are looking for an opportunity in Reserve Bank of India (RBI). RBI Grade B 2020 exam has a three phase selection process. Candidates who get selected after Phase-I & Phase-II of the exam are called for the final interview process. Check another article for important dates.
These related Articles may be of interst you...