Recruitment of variour posts in RBI
RBI recruits Office Attendents, Assistants, Grade B Generalists and also Specialist Officers in Grade A and B both. Grade B is highest entry level job while Assistant is lowest entry level for Graduates into RBI.Grade B is a managerial level job while assistant is a clerical level job. RBI closed the direct recruitment process for grade A post in 1987 .For becoming grade A,you need experience of 3 years in assistant cader and after that there is internal exam for grade A post.
||Hierachy ( Bottom to top)
||Office Attendents ( Lowest Position)
Grade A - Assistant Manager (No direct recruitment in grade A expect for legal and rajbhasa.)
Grade B - Manager
Grade C - AGM
Grade D - DGM
Grade E - GM
Grade F - CGM, PCGM
Governor ( Highest Position)
Differences between RBI Grade A and RBI Grade B can be summed up as:
- The exam level is also different for both of them. Grade B has preliminary exam, then mains followed by personal interview.
- This exam is considered to be one of the toughest after civils, while Assistant exam has preliminary and mains exams with low to moderate level of questions followed by Language proficiency test.
- Thier is no personal interview for assistant's. There is a huge difference in pay for both the posts.
- You need to work for atleast 3–5years as assistant to get promoted to Grade A and then 3–5 years again to Grade B.
- Grade A is a lower profile when compared to Grade B. Grade A is Assistant Manager whereas Grade B is Manager.
- Grade A officer is Assistant Manager (Junior Management) and Grade B Officer is Manager (Middle Management).