Eligibilitty - IES 2020
- ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS :
A candidate must be either :—
- a citizen of India; or
- a subject of Nepal; or
- a subject of Bhutan; or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India :
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) & (e) above shall be person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
- Age Limits :
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2020 i.e he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1990 and not later than 1st August, 1999.
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable as follows :—
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belong to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidate belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof ;
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2020 and have been released : (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be
completed within one year from 1st August, 2020 otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account or misconduct or inefficiency; or (ii) on account of Physical disability attributable to Military Service; or (iii) on invalidment;
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2020 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for Civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment;
- up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities viz; (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) multiple disabilities from amongst person under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf blindness.
NOTE I: Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of para 3(II)(b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities viz. (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) multiple disabilities from amongst person under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf blindness. will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
NOTE II: The term ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex- servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
NOTE III: The age concession under Para 3(II)(b)(iv) and (v) will be admissible to Ex- servicemen i.e. a person who has served in any rank whether as combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union and who either has been retired or relieved or discharged from such service whether at his own request or being relieved by the employer after earning his or her pension.
NOTE IV: Notwithstanding the provisions of age relaxation under para 3(II)(b)(vi) above, a person with Benchmark Disabilities will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority as the case may be, may prescribed) if found to satisfy the requirement of physical and medical standard for the concerned Services/ Posts to be allocated to the persons with Benchmark Disabilities by the Government.
NOTE V : The details of Functional Classification (FC) and Physical Requirements (PR) of each service is indicated in this Notice which are identified and prescribed by the concerned Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) as per the provisions of Section 33 and 34 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. Only those category (ies) of disability (ies) mentioned in the Notice shall apply for the examination under Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) categories. Therefore, the candidates belonging to the Persons with Benchmark Disability categories are advised to read it carefully before applying for the examination.
SAVE AS PROVIDED ABOVE THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED CAN IN NO CASE BE RELAXED
The date of birth, accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.
These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination.
No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, Service Records and the like will be accepted.
The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
NOTE-1: Candidate should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission, and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
NOTE 2: Candidates should also note that once Date of Birth has been submitted by them in the application form and entered in records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any grounds whatsoever.
NOTE 3: The candidate should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in respective column of the Online Application Form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications :
A candidate for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/ Econometrics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
NOTE 1: A candidate who has appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them eligible to appear at this examination, but has not been informed of the result, may apply for admission to the examination. A candidate who intends to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply. Such a candidate will be admitted to the examination, if otherwise eligible, but his/her admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if his/her does not produce the proof of having passed the requisite qualifying examination along with the Detailed Application Form which will be required to be submitted by the candidate who qualify on the results of the written part of the examination. Such proof of passing the requisite examination should be dated earlier than the due date (closing date) of Detailed Application Form of the Indian Economic Service Examination, 2020.
NOTE 2: In exceptional cases, the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate, who has none of the foregoing qualification, as a qualified candidate provided that he/she has passed examinations conducted by other institutions the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his/her admission to the examination.
NOTE 3: A candidate who is otherwise qualified but who has taken a degree from a Foreign University may also apply to the Commission and may be admitted to the examination at the discretion of the Commission.
- Physical Standards :
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standard for admission to Indian Economic Service Examination, 2020 as per Regulations given in Appendix III of the rules for the Indian Economic Service Examination, 2020 published in Gazette of India dated 11th August, 2020.
How to apply - IES 2020
- HOW TO APPLY :
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the h ttps://www.upsconline.nic.in
Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above-mentioned website.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application. However, if due to any unavoidable situation, he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, or in Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission. Persons already in Government service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under Public Enterprises are however, required to inform in writing their Head of Office/ Department that they have applied for the Examination.
Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
NOTE-1 : While filling in his/her application form, the candidate should carefully decide about his/her choice for the centre for the Examination.
If any candidate appears at a centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in his/her e-Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be evaluated and his/her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
NOTE-2: Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates are not required to submit hard copy of their application to the Commission at this stage.
The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission, viz. Written Examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification, at any time, before or after the written examination or Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
Candidates are requested to keep ready the attested copies of the following documents for submission to the Commission soon after the declaration of the result of the written part of the part of the examination which is likely to be declared in the month of December, 2020.
- Certificate of Age.
- Certificate of Educational Qualification indicating the Subjects.
- Certificate in support of claim to belong to Schedule Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes, Economically Weaker Sections where applicable.
- Certificate in support of claim for age/fee concession, where applicable.
- Certificate in support of being persons with Benchmark Disability (where applicable). Immediately after declaration of result of the written part of the examination, successful candidates may be intimated by the Commission electronically and they shall be asked to submit Detailed Application Form (DAF) online. The successful candidates have to send the printout of this DAF with each page duly signed along with the attested copies of the above mentioned certificates of the above mentioned certificates to the Commission at that time. Originals will have to be produced at the time of interview. The interview letter to the candidates may also be issued electronically. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Commission in terms of Rule 11 of the Rules for the Indian Economic Service Examination, 2020 notified in the Gazette of India dated 11th August, 2020 and also reproduced below :
A candidate who is or has been declared by Commission to be guilty of :
- o b t a i n i n g s u p p o r t f o r h i s / h e r candidature by any following means namely;
( a ) offering illegal gratification; or ( b ) applying pressure on ; or
( c ) blackmailing or threatening to blackmail any person connected with the conduct of the examination; or
- impersonation, or
- procuring impersonation by any person, or
- submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- uploading irrelevant photos in the application form in place of actual photo/signature; or
- making statements which are incorrect or false, or suppressing material information, or
- resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his/her candidature for the Examination, or
- being in possession of or using unfair means during the examination, or
- writing irrelevant matter including, obscene language or irrelevant matter pornographic matter, in the script(s), or
- misbehaving in any other manner in the examination hall, or
- harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of their examination, or
- being in possession of or using any mobile phone (even in switched off mode), pager or any electronic equipment or programmable device or storage media like pen drive, smart watches etc. or camera or blue tooth devices or any other equipment or related accessories either in working or switched off mode capable of being used as a communication device during the examination; or
- violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their e-
Admission Certificates permitting them to take the examination, or
- attempting to commit, or as the case may be abetting the commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses; may in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable
- and shall be disqualified by the Commission from the examination for which he/she is a candidate; and/or
- shall be liable to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period:-
- by the Commission from any examination or selection held by them;
- by the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- if he/she is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules :
Provided that no penalty under this rule shall be imposed except after :
- giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation in writing as he/she may wish to make in that behalf; and
- taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate, within the period allowed to him/ her into consideration.
Any person who is found by the Commission to be guilty of colluding with a candidate (s) in committing or abetting the Commission of any of the misdeeds listed at Clauses (i) to (xiii) above render himself liable to action in terms of the Clause (xiv).