Punjab Naib Tehsildar- Exam Pattern
The written competitive examination for the post will be scheduled tentatively in February. The scheme for Competitive Examination for selection of candidates for the post of Naib Tehsildar in the Department of Revenue & Rehabilitation , Govt. of Punjab is in following sequence:-
The pattern for written exam comprising of 120 questions would be as below:
No. of questions from Logical Reasoning and Mental Ability
No. of questions from General Knowledge & Current Affairs of National and International importance.
As per the instructions of Govt. of Punjab Department of Personnel issued vide its letter No. 12/152/2015-5PP2/720133/1 dated 28.03.2016, the selection for these posts will be finalised on the basis of written examination only.
- No interview shall be conducted for selection to these posts.
- No candidate shall be eligible to be appointed unless he/she obtains 45% marks in the competitive examination (read 40% for the candidates belonging to Schedules Caste of Punjab and Backward Classes of Punjab).
The salient features of the written competitive exam shall be as follows:-
- There will be no negative marking in the written test, for questions wrongly answered or questions not answered.
- After the answer key is put on the PPSC website (after written examination), candidates will be permitted to raise objections if any. Candidates will be given four days to deliberate before putting up objections. Any objection found ' frivolous' may draw negative marking, equal to the weightage of the question.
- Final result shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the Candidates in the Written Competitive Examination.
Information about the examination centre(s) shall be mentioned on Admit Cards of all candidates. The Public Notice to download the admit cards will be uploaded shortly.
All candidates who apply for ibid posts will be treated “provisionally eligible” for appearing in the competitive exam. Acceptance of applications at this stage and allotment of Roll Numbers by PPSC does not indicate acceptance of candidature by the PPSC, since there is no scrutiny of documents before the written test.
- The scrutiny of application forms shall be done after the conduct of the examination During the process of scrutiny, the application forms and other relevant documents, certificates, etc of the candidates shall be examined to determine their eligibility as on 08.01.2021 Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria will be rejected after the scrutiny process or any time thereafter if foundineligible.
- The candidates applying for the Competitive Examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission will be purely provisional, subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. on checking at any time before or after the Competitive Examination, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Commission or the civil court. Any attempt on the part of a candidate to obtain support for his candidature by any unfair means will render him/ her liable for disqualification and disciplinaryaction.