IBPS Bank Clerical
IBPS Clerk Job Profile
Candidates once selected as Clerk in various participating banks of IBPS, need to undertake training as well as several routine bank tasks such as:
- Banking Document Verification
- Issue of cash Receipts and ESI Stamps at Counters
- Pass Books Updation of Account Holders
- Manning Single Window Counter task time to time
- Attending to Government Treasury Work
- Collection of receipts, maintenance of ledger, balance tally, etc.
- Sanction of withdrawals, verifying cheques, issuing demand drafts (as per request), etc.
IBPS Clerk Salary 2019
The IBPS Clerk Salary is the sum of the Basic Pay and other allowances.
The initial Basic Pay for IBPS Clerk is Rs 11,765. The IBPS Clerk pay scale is: 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230/1310-1-31540.
This means the minimum Basic Pay for IBPS Clerk is Rs 11,765 while the maximum is Rs 31540.
Initial Basic Pay – Rs 11765 with a yearly increment of Rs 655 for three years
Basic Pay after 3 years – Rs 13730 and yearly increment of Rs 815 for the next three years
Basic Pay after the next 3 years – Rs 16175 and yearly increment of Rs 980 for the next four years
Basic Pay after the next 4 years – Rs 20095 and yearly increment of Rs 1145 for the next 7 years
Basic Pay after next 7 years – Rs 28110 and yearly increment of Rs 2120 for next one year
Basic Pay after next 1 year – Rs 30230 and yearly increment of Rs 1310 for next one year
Basic Pay after next year – Rs 31540 (maximum Basic Pay)
The different allowances are tabulated below:
Initially, the Special Allowance is 7.5 percent of the Basic Pay. After completing one year of service, Special Allowance will be increased by Rs 400 to Rs 500.
Dearness Allowance (DA)
This component is 4 percent of the IBPS Clerk Basic Pay. DA depends on the CPI and is revised quarterly, i.e. after every three months.
House Rent Allowance (HRA)
The HRA depends on the location of the posting. It will be 8.5 percent of the Basic Pay for Metro Cities, 7.5 percent of the Basic Pay for cities having a population of more than 5 lakhs, and 6.5 percent of the Basic Pay for other cities.
Expenses on official tours and travels will be reimbursed by the bank.
This is paid once a year. For IBPS Clerks, the amount is fixed at Rs 2000.
IBPS Clerk Job Profile: IBPS Clerk Roles And Responsibilities
IBPS Clerks are one of the most important posts in the bank they work for. They are the face of the bank as they have to deal with customers on a daily basis. Apart from the decent IBPS Clerk Salary, the job offers great scopes to learn about how a bank functions.
IBPS Clerks are also known as single-window operators as they have to sit at a single window counter and deal with the customers. In every bank, clerks act as the point of contact for the customers. They resolve the queries of the customers, guide them through the various rules and formalities, and solves the various issues faced by the customers.
IBPS Clerks fulfill the roles of a wide variety of posts, working in the various departments of the bank. They work as Loan Clerks, Accounts Clerks, Data Entry Clerks, Office Clerks, etc.
IBPS Clerk Roles And Responsibilities
1. Verification of various documents and proofs submitted by the customers
2. Updating the pass books of account holders
3. Responsible for bank cash, various important documents, keys, etc.
4. Issuing of Demand Drafts (DDs), bank accounts for the customers, cash receipts, etc.
5. Sanctioning of withdrawals by the customers
6. Maintaining the various documents of the bank, balance sheets, ledger, etc.
7. Resolving the various issues of the customers
8. Providing information about the latest schemes and government policies
9. Providing guidance to customers relating to various banking activities
10. Attending to treasury works
11. Resolving queries of the customers
12. Miscellaneous tasks
IBPS Clerk Promotions
As mentioned above, IBPS Clerk offers great chances of growth at both personal and professional level. As you work as a bank clerk and learn the way banks function, you will get ample scopes to prove your potential and merit. Based on your performance and contribution to the organization, you will get a chance to grow. Many top bankers started their career as bank clerks and have slowly climbed up the ladder to higher posts.
IBPS Clerks have to work for a minimum period of 2 years before they can apply for promotions. Hereafter, they will get a chance to get promoted once every two years. Promotions are given the following two processes:
Merit based process
Under Normal Process, IBPS Clerks are given promotion based on their experience and seniority. However, they will have to clear the written exam conducted internally. Candidates who get promotion through this process don’t need JAIIB and CAIIB Diploma. The Clerks after clearing the written exam to become Trainee Officer and then bank Probationary Officers (PO).
Under Merit Based Process, candidates must hold JAIIB and CAIIB Diploma from Indian Institute of Banking and Finance.
The subsequent promotions from Probationary Officer are as under:
Assistant Manager – Scale 1
Manager – Scale 2
Senior Manager – Scale 3
Chief Manager – Scale 4
Assistant General Manager – Scale 5
Deputy General Manager – Scale 6
General Manager – Scale 7
IBPS RRB Office Assistant
IBPS RRB Salary and Perks for Office Assistant 2019
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Salary 2019
1. Pay Scale of IBPS RRB Office Assistant
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Pay Scale is Rs. 7200-(400/3)-8400-(500/3)-9900-(600/4)-12300-(700/7)-17200-(1300/1)-18500-(800/1)-19300
2. In-Hand Salary of IBPS RRB Office Assistant
The in-hand salary of IBPS RRB Office Assistant varies from Rs. 15,000 – 20,000/-. This salary may vary for different organizations.
We will now have a look at various components of the Salary of IBPS RRB Office Assistant.
- This is the fixed amount of salary that an employee is eligible for in return for the work he/she does.
- This is the amount of money that is added to a person’s basic pay or pension because of rising prices and other costs. (This is changed every year taking inflation into consideration).
City Compensation Allowance
- It is the type of allowance offered by institutions to their employees to compensate for the high cost of living in the metro and large cities.
House Rent Allowance-
- It is a component of the salary given by the organization to its employee to meet house rent expenses. (This is a bit low compared to other posts, but it is enough since the banks are located in rural areas.)
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant profile is the starting step of lower management level of RRBs.
- Candidates after selection need to go undergo a training/probation period of 1 year.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Perks and Allowances
- New recruits under IBPS RRB Office Assistant are entitled to 100% Dearness Allowance.
- Work Pressure in IBPS RRB Office Assistant post is comparatively less as compared to similar posts of other nationalized banks.
- The post of IBPS RRB Office Assistant offers a lot of scope for further career development.
- Working hours are usually fixed for the post of IBPS RRB Office Assistant.
- Home posting is one of the best benefit offered by IBPS RRB Office Assistant post.
IBPS RRB Officers
IBPS RRB In-hand Salary, Pay Scale 2019 (Officer + Office Assistant)
IBPS RRB Salary :
Aspirants are often curious about the Salary of IBPS RRB posts, be it Officer Scale I or Office Assistant. To resolve this, we are sharing IBPS RRB Salary in-hand, Salary Slip, Perks & Emoluments for Officer Scale-I and Office Assistant posts. The aim of this post is to give you proper insight into the pay scale, perks and in hand salary of IBPS RRB Officer Scale I and Office Assistant posts.
Let us now have a look at the IBPS RRB Salary structure, pay scale and perks offered by Office Assistant and Officer Scale-I posts.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Salary 2019
Pay Scale of IBPS RRB Officer Scale I
The pay scale for IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I is Rs. 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020.
In-Hand Salary of IBPS RRB Officer Scale I
For new recruits under Officer scale I, the in-hand salary varies from Rs. 45,000/- to Rs. 50,000/- at 100% DA.
- Officers in IBPS RRB draw salaries almost comparable with most of the National banks of the country.
- After selection as IBPS RRB Officer Scale I, candidates undergo a training period of 2 years, also called as a Probation period. Under this period, selected candidates receive a fixed amount of salary, which is usually less as compared to the normal salary of IBPS RRB Officer Scale I.
- After successful completion of Probation periods, the candidates are promoted to the post of Assistant Managers in the bank.
- However, this is just the starting salary. Once candidates grow in the organization and move up the hierarchy, the salary also increases.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Perks and Allowances
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale I post offers various perks and allowances.
- Work pressure and stress in IBPS RRB Officer Scale I is comparatively less as compared to other commercial banks of the country.
- Employees have a decent work-life balance under IBPS RRB Officer scale I post.
- Also, there is a high possibility of home postings under this post.
- Candidates are eligible for 100% DA.
- Cost of living is usually low in case of IBPS RRB Officer Scale I post since posting is usually in rural areas.
- There are several exchange programs, where the employees of IBPS RRBs are deputed to other government departments for work. Hence, candidates get a chance to showcase their expertise in the work that has been allotted to them.
SBI PO Job details
SBI PO Job Profile
- It is essential to understand what kind of tasks one might have to undertake after getting selected as a probationary officer in SBI.
- The candidates after selection undergo a probation period of 2 years.
- Candidates undergo training in this period to understand the various aspects of banking procedures in a practical way.
SBI PO Salary
One of the most asked questions among students is the in-hand salary that they would receive as a probationary officer in SBI. The basic grade pay is Rs. 27620/- which is accompanied by 4 increments. Apart from this, the salary component involves other Allowances which is as follows. For more details, you can check the SBI PO Salary.
SBI PO Basic Pay
Rs.27,620/- (with 4 advance increments)
(in the scale of 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020)
This is revised every quarter and is calculated based on CPI (Consumer Price Index). Currently, DA is 46.9% of the basic pay.
City Compensatory Allowance (CCA)
This varies with the place of posting at 4% or 3%.
Leased House Accommodation
SBI PO may take a house on lease, the amount of which varies with posting between a minimum of. Rs. 8000/- (in rural areas) and a maximum of Rs. 29500/- (in Mumbai).
Rs. 120000/- for the purchase of furniture
100% medical coverage for SBI employees and 75% for their family members
For official travels, reimbursement of AC 2-tier fare is provided
50Lts (For 2 wheelers) Or 55Lts (For 4 Wheeler) Or Approx. Rs. 1100-1250 if you don't have 2/4 wheeler (conveyance allowance).
Promotion and Career Growth
The career growth of an SBI PO is mentioned below-
- Probationary Officer (Assistant Manager, JMGS - I)
- Deputy Manager (MMGS)
- Manager (MMGS)
- Chief Manager (MMGS)
- Assistant General Manager (SMGS)
- Deputy General Manager (TEGS)
- Chief General Manager (TEGS)
- General Manager (TEGS)
SBI ( clerical)
SBI Clerk Job Profile
- The clerk in SBI is a Single Window Operator.
- The work profile of a clerk includes day to day functions such as opening accounts, amount transfers through cheque/ NEFT/ RTGS etc.
- He/she also plays the role of head cashier.
SBI Clerk Salary
- The basic pay of a clerk in SBI is Rs. 13,075.
- The pay scale of a clerk is 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31450.
- The clerk in SBI is also eligible for other allowances such as DA, HRA & more
Promotion & Career Growth
- SBI Clerk is a clerical level job.
- To get promoted to an officer cadre, you are required to meet certain requirements at each stage.
- A Clerical cadre gets promoted after a service of 3 years to the post of Trainee Officer.
- Also, an employee can reach to the post of General Manager because of the fast track promotion process of SBI.
- Pre-exam training is arranged for the SC/ST/XS categories.
- The training is conducted at certain centres by the officials of SBI.
- This training session is conducted for the candidates who are unable to join the coaching centres for their preparation.
- The training session is conducted for 6 days.
- Pre-exam training call letter is released 15 days prior to the examination date.
- Candidates those who have opted for the training will only be eligible to download the call letter