- HOW TO APPLY :
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the h ttps://www.upsconline.nic.in
Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above-mentioned website.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application. However, if due to any unavoidable situation, he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, or in Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission. Persons already in Government service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under Public Enterprises are however, required to inform in writing their Head of Office/ Department that they have applied for the Examination.
Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
NOTE-1 : While filling in his/her application form, the candidate should carefully decide about his/her choice for the centre for the Examination.
If any candidate appears at a centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in his/her e-Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be evaluated and his/her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
NOTE-2: Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates are not required to submit hard copy of their application to the Commission at this stage.
The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission, viz. Written Examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification, at any time, before or after the written examination or Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
Candidates are requested to keep ready the attested copies of the following documents for submission to the Commission soon after the declaration of the result of the written part of the part of the examination which is likely to be declared in the month of December, 2020.
- Certificate of Age.
- Certificate of Educational Qualification indicating the Subjects.
- Certificate in support of claim to belong to Schedule Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes, Economically Weaker Sections where applicable.
- Certificate in support of claim for age/fee concession, where applicable.
- Certificate in support of being persons with Benchmark Disability (where applicable). Immediately after declaration of result of the written part of the examination, successful candidates may be intimated by the Commission electronically and they shall be asked to submit Detailed Application Form (DAF) online. The successful candidates have to send the printout of this DAF with each page duly signed along with the attested copies of the above mentioned certificates of the above mentioned certificates to the Commission at that time. Originals will have to be produced at the time of interview. The interview letter to the candidates may also be issued electronically. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Commission in terms of Rule 11 of the Rules for the Indian Economic Service Examination, 2020 notified in the Gazette of India dated 11th August, 2020 and also reproduced below :
A candidate who is or has been declared by Commission to be guilty of :
- o b t a i n i n g s u p p o r t f o r h i s / h e r candidature by any following means namely;
( a ) offering illegal gratification; or ( b ) applying pressure on ; or
( c ) blackmailing or threatening to blackmail any person connected with the conduct of the examination; or
- impersonation, or
- procuring impersonation by any person, or
- submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- uploading irrelevant photos in the application form in place of actual photo/signature; or
- making statements which are incorrect or false, or suppressing material information, or
- resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his/her candidature for the Examination, or
- being in possession of or using unfair means during the examination, or
- writing irrelevant matter including, obscene language or irrelevant matter pornographic matter, in the script(s), or
- misbehaving in any other manner in the examination hall, or
- harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of their examination, or
- being in possession of or using any mobile phone (even in switched off mode), pager or any electronic equipment or programmable device or storage media like pen drive, smart watches etc. or camera or blue tooth devices or any other equipment or related accessories either in working or switched off mode capable of being used as a communication device during the examination; or
- violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their e-
Admission Certificates permitting them to take the examination, or
- attempting to commit, or as the case may be abetting the commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses; may in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable
- and shall be disqualified by the Commission from the examination for which he/she is a candidate; and/or
- shall be liable to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period:-
- by the Commission from any examination or selection held by them;
- by the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- if he/she is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules :
Provided that no penalty under this rule shall be imposed except after :
- giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation in writing as he/she may wish to make in that behalf; and
- taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate, within the period allowed to him/ her into consideration.
Any person who is found by the Commission to be guilty of colluding with a candidate (s) in committing or abetting the Commission of any of the misdeeds listed at Clauses (i) to (xiii) above render himself liable to action in terms of the Clause (xiv).