SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
The examination shall be conducted according to the following plan—
Part I- Written examination carrying a maximum of 1000 marks in the subjects as shown below.
Part II- Viva voce of such candidates as may be called by the Commission carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
The subjects of the written examination under Part-I, the maximum marks allotted to each subject/paper and the time allowed shall be as follows :
Sl. Subject Maximum Time
No. Marks Allowed
- General English 100 3 hrs.
- General Studies 100 3 hrs.
- General Economics-I 200 3 hrs.
- General Economics-II 200 3 hrs.
- General Economics-III 200 3 hrs.
- Indian Economics 200 3 hrs.
Note 1 : The papers on General English and General Studies, common to both Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service will be of subjective type.
- The question papers in all subjects will be of Conventional (essay) type.
- ALL QUESTION PAPERS MUST BE ANSWERED IN ENGLISH; QUESTION PAPERS WILL BE SET IN ENGLISH ONLY.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write the answers for them.
- The Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in the categories of blindness, locomotor disability (both arm affected–BA) and cerebral palsy will be provided the facility of scribe, if desired by the person. In case of other category of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as defined under section 2(r) of the RPWD Act, 2016,
- the facility of scribe will be allowed to such candidates on production of a certificate to the effect that the person concerned has physical limitation to write, and scribe is essential to write examination on behalf, from the Chief Medical Officer/Civil Surgeon/Medical Superintendent of a Government Health Care institution as per proforma at Appendix–IV.