Choose an examination center for Civil Services Examination
Candidates should note that the Examination Centres (Preliminary and Mains) and the date of the civil services examination as mentioned are liable to be changed. They should be aware of the fact that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the Centres in civil services examination. But allotment is not applicable to centres like Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur. For each Centres, allotments will be on the 'first apply first serve' basis, and once the capacity of a Centre is full, further allotment will be stopped in civil services examination. civil services examination Applicants, who were not eligible to get a seat in the Centre of their choice, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. So, civil services examination applicants are advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
The UPSC has issued a list of exam centres from where candidates can take their Prelims and Mains exams of civil services examination. Most of the state capitals have a centre for taking the Civil Service exam. Candidates can choose a centre that is near them, from the list provided here.
Centre Code For Civil Services Examination:
- The Examination Centres for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination as well as Civil Services (Main) Examination are listed below.
- The Centres and the Date of holding the civil services examination as mentioned above are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission.
- While every effort will be made to allot the candidates to the Centre of their choice for civil services examination, the Commission may, at their discretion allot a different centre to a candidate, when circumstances so warrant.
- Blind candidates will, however, be required to take the civil services examination at any one of the Seven Centres, viz. Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Dispur and Mumbai.
- Candidates admitted to the civil services examination will be informed of the time table and place or places of examination.
- The candidates should note that no request for change of the civil services examination centre will normally be granted.
Prelims exam centres
Mains Examination Centres