send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your email id and mobileno registered with us! if details not recieved
Resend Opt after 60 Sec.
Please verify your mobile number
Login not allowed, Please logout from existing browser
Please update your name
Subscribe to Notifications
Stay updated with the latest Current affairs and other important updates regarding video Lectures, Test Schedules, live sessions etc..
Your Free user account at abhipedia has been created.
Remember, success is a journey, not a destination.
Stay motivated and keep moving forward!
Refer & Earn
My Abhipedia Earning
Kindly Login to view your earning
Jute is one of the important natural fibers after cotton in terms of cultivation and usage. Cultivation is dependent on the climate, season, and soil.There had been a rapid expansion of the jute industry in India around Calcutta particularly during certain boom periods.
DESCRIPTION OF JUTE GOODS
Govt., of India recently had taken following steps to revamp the industry:
1. Some schemes have been introduced for the diversification in the industry so that structural changes in product range may occur. Jute handlooms, handicrafts etc. were given priority.
2. Govt., has introduced circular for compulsory use in packing commodities (Act- 1987).
3. Govt., had launched Jute Modernization Fund scheme with 150 crore capital and Jute Development Fund scheme with 100 crore capital to revive the industry.
4. A national centre for jute diversification has also been set up.
5. The multi-fibre industry has been modified to use jute goods in other industry too.
6. Govt., and U.N.D.P. together launched a set of programmes to monitor jute production, diversification and export promotion.
By: Ziyaur Rahman ProfileResourcesReport error
Access to prime resources